TULSA, Okla.– Alert 360, a leading provider of security systems and smart home services in the UnitedStates, has obtained the prestigious “TMA Five Diamond Monitoring Center” designation.
Alert 360, a leading provider of #homesecurity & #smarthome services, has obtained the prestigious Five Diamond Monitoring Center designation
According to The Monitoring Association (TMA), there are approximately 2,700 monitoring centers in the United States that interact with police, fire, and emergency services agencies. Of this group, fewer than 200 monitoring centers have achieved the Five Diamond designation. The designation is granted annually to centers that satisfy all requirements of the “five points of excellence” and commitment to:
- ongoing job-related education and testing by having 100 percent of its monitoring center operators certified using the TMA online training series on industry best practices;
- random inspections and quality criteria standards by a nationally recognized testing laboratory, such as FM Approvals, Intertek/ETL and UL;
- raising the industry standards through TMA membership and participation in its activities;
- reducing false dispatches; and
- the highest levels of customer service.
The TMA Five Diamond designation means that Alert 360 has demonstrated an exceptionally high degree of responsibility to its local community and its customers through the investment of time, money and commitment to quality operator training. Alert 360 alarm operators often serve as a life-saving link between residential or business properties and the police, fire and emergency services in local areas. To achieve the Five Diamond designation, each and every alarm operator must not only pass the TMA Monitoring Center Operator course, but demonstrate:
- Proficiency in alarm confirmation process, which helps reduce false alarms;
- Proficiency in communications with Public Service Answering Points, such as emergency 911 centers;
- Knowledge of electronic communications equipment, including, cellular, radio and internet communication systems;
- An understanding of the codes and standards of organizations such as Underwriters Laboratories, Factory Mutual, the National Fire Protection Association and others; and
- Proficiency in the area of emergency preparedness under a wide scenario of possibilities.
“Designation as a Five Diamond monitoring center is proof positive of our Alert 360 alarm operators’ commitment to our customers and respect for the dedicated emergency officials in the communities we serve,” said Kent Morris, Alert 360’s Director of Customer Experience and Call Centers. “We’re honored to obtain this rare designation and remain focused daily on all Five Diamond points of excellence.”
In addition to 24/7 alarm monitoring, Alert 360 provides professional consulting and installation of security and smart home systems across 26 states. Its products and services include Alert 360 interactive security; home automation; Alert 360 Video®; security cameras and recorders for homes and businesses; remote access; energy management solutions; free Alert 360 and Alert 360 Video mobile apps, as well as integration of connected devices, such as sprinkler systems, thermostats, sound systems, Amazon Echo, Google Home, and more. The company also offers a leading Authorized Dealer program.
About Alert 360TM
Founded in 1973 in Tulsa, Okla., and evolving from Guardian Security Systems and Central Security Group, Alert 360 is one of the nation’s oldest-licensed alarm monitoring providers. Today, the company is the fifth largest provider of monitored security and smart home solutions to homes in the United States. Alert 360 operates a monitoring and customer service center in Tulsa, Okla., and has offices in 16 cities. The company was named a 2016 Inc. 5000 “Fastest-Growing Privately Held Company in America” and a “Best Places to Work in Oklahoma” in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Media inquiries: Robin Jacobson Lampe, Robin@WindCommunications.com. Ph.: 785-221-6569.
About The Monitoring Association
The Monitoring Association (TMA), formerly the Central Station Alarm Association (CSAA), is an internationally-recognized non-profit trade association that represents professional monitoring companies, including those listed by a TMA-approved Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory, such as FM Global, Intertek/ETL or UL. Incorporated in 1950, TMA is legally entitled to represent its members before Congress and regulatory agencies on the local, state and federal levels, and other authorities having jurisdiction (AHJs) over the industry. TMA’s mission is to advance the professional monitoring industry through education, advocacy, and public safety relationships. www.tma.us.