The ultimate present you could give or receive this holiday? The gift of time, convenience, and peace of mind – which is perfect for those who travel, work outside the home, have school-aged children, are elderly, or just don’t need another knick-knack. (Pretty much everybody on your list, including yourself.)
Lots of cool new home security devices and home automation products were introduced this past year that deliver convenience and protection. As simple plug-ins or interfaces with an affordable security system, from Amazon Echo to the Apple Watch and more, these latest products keep you safer, connected to family, and in control of the energy your home uses.
This holiday, consider two lists that provide security and the gift of time all year long: your holiday gift wish list, with the latest home automation devices, and a security checklist. We’ve done the homework for you. Here are our lists:
The Hottest Home Automation Products and Coolest Security Devices
In addition to a “cool” factor, the devices and gadgets we invest in must serve a purpose and make our lives better. The following list of home automation products and home security devices achieve both.
- Start with our Alert 360 mobile, security app, which allows you to control your home’s lights, doors, locks, cameras and more no matter where you are, checking in to ensure family and four-legged friends are safe. The great news? Our Alert 360 security app is free with our security system and home automation services.
- One of the easiest ways to prevent break-ins while you’re away is to remotely control lights and sound systems, making your home appear occupied. Smart lighting devices, such as the Z-wave light bulb and plug-in, allow you to turn on or off lighting – controlling your energy use and avoiding the appearance of a dark and deserted home while you’re away. Simply and remotely light the way when coming home from a night out or with your arms full of packages.
- If saving money in the new year is a goal, include a programmable or smart thermostat on your list. Our programmable thermostat lets you set and adjust the temperature around your family’s unique schedule or control it via your smartphone, tablet, or laptop. Know someone who could use a little extra money in their budget each month: Today’s thermostats and energy management devices can help save up to $1,000 a year for most homeowners.
- Helping you keep a better eye on your front door video security whether you are upstairs or across town, our video doorbell is especially handy this time of year to see when packages and visitors arrive. With two-way voice, the doorbell camera enables you to speak to those who stop by – even uninvited guests – and lets them know you’re aware of their visit. Savings note: For a limited time, you can save and receive free installation on our video doorbell with one of our smart security packages.
- An Amazon Echo or Google home are perfect if you or a loved one already have a security system. These devices easily integrate with your home security system via the web and provide voice and mobile control within your home, from your office or the road. For busy families or elderly parents, it can’t get much easier than hands-free, voice-controlled lighting and smart thermostats.
- Consider this if you don’t have an alarm system: For less than the cost of a monthly dinner out for a family of four, you or a loved one can enjoy – and rest easy with – a professionally monitored security system, which includes a potential discount on your homeowner’s insurance premium. At Alert 360, we’ll even pay your insurance deductible in the event of a loss due to fire or burglary while being monitored, offering true peace of mind.
These top home security systems and smart home devices are more affordable than ever before and their wireless capabilities make them easy to install and use – creating meaningful gifts that will be enjoyed every day of the year. If you’re still considering installing a home security system but haven’t yet, our following home security checklist will help protect your home sweet home.
Give the Gift of Peace of Mind with our Holiday, Home Security Checklist
As you gather with family and friends, follow our holiday security tips, and relax knowing your home, family and expensive holiday gifts are safe.
- Be aware of porch thieves. Unfortunately, porch piracy is big news every year. Keep this in mind when shopping online or expecting gifts from faraway friends and family. If possible, have packages delivered to your office or require a signature for high-dollar items.
- Avoid displaying gifts where they can easily be seen through windows.
- Be careful when disposing of product packaging, so that you aren’t “advertising” recent, big-ticket purchases, such as TVs, etc.
- Secure objects that might allow access to your home, such as ladders or trashcans that could be used to break glass, enter a window, or scale a fence.
- Illuminate entries, with motion or automated lights.
- Secure all windows, including those on your second floor, and install deadbolt locks on exterior entrances.
Helping to keep families in touch and connected every day, the newest home monitoring and automation apps provide the gift of peace of mind all year long. From busy executives who travel often to families that are on the go to school activities, almost everyone can benefit from the latest, affordable smart home products and home automation devices. At Alert 360, we protect our families and stay in touch using these same services and rest easier at night. In the spirit of the season, we’re proud to share them with you and your loved ones.
Your Local Alert 360 Home Security Company Can Help! Find a local Alert 360 home security office near me at Alert360.com. Visit our Alert 360 Home Security Support Center and FAQs for helpful online help anytime or contact us here.
We have coast to coast office locations. If you would like a free security review or quote, click here!
Fort Worth, TX
Houston, TX (North Office)
Houston, TX (South Office)
Kansas City, KS
Oklahoma City, OK
San Antonio, TX
San Diego, CA
The Alert 360 blog is recognized as a top 10 home security Blog post in the nation!