Who’s really knocking at your door?
Spring and summer are prime times for door-to-door sales and potential security contract scams. We’re here to help and encourage you to be alert. Suspicious tactics would include others posing as our representatives, who want access to your home or security system.
- Tell you we are no longer in business, no longer serve your area or were sold to their company. These are false statements.
- Ask you to sign a new contract to ensure your security continues.
- Ask for access to your system or say it has been recalled and requires replacement.
- Show you documents to support claims they need access to your system.
- Use high-pressure tactics to force you to make a decision on the spot.
There are things you can do to safeguard your home and account:
- Call us to confirm we have sent a representative or to check the details.
- Check details before signing a contract. You might end up being billed again by another company.
- Consider our interactive security service, and keep an eye on your home – using your smartphone and our video options.
- If you have a doorbell camera, view who’s at your door using a mobile app and your smartphone, or ask them for more information – even if you’re not home.
- Know the facts. Stay up to date on company news and find tips throughout our website, on our blog or via social media.
- Report suspicious activity, or call us if you have concerns.
We’re here 24/7
If you’ve experienced these suspicious door-to-door sales tactics, please report it here or call us at 1-888-642-4567.